Thursday, October 22, 2009

Oh baby baby

Is it weird that I want to have a baby just so I can design a nursery around this....?


Image via Flickr 

Ok well the real truth is Josh and I are always designing nurseries for our nonexistent babies. We know exactly what we want, we just need the baby. Well, no baby coming anytime soon so for now we will just stick with the eye candy via other blogs. Please mom, stop crying, we will have a baby one day...give us time! Thankfully we are not at a lack for baby love because EVERYONE we know seems to have just had a baby or is getting ready to have one. Every time I hear someone say they are pregnant I just know it is another baby to love and squeeze so I am okay with it! Another thing that excites me when people announce their upcoming mini-me's is finding out what their nurseries will look like. Secretly I am super excited for a friend that is having a baby, I just know she is going to have a well designed nursery. Not to name drop, but it's totally Kari. She has GREAT design sense...and maybe I am partial since realizing her and I totally have the same taste, but seriously she is great.


So on the subject of nursery eye candy...I found some A-MAZING inspiration on KenziePoo. I cannot believe I have been without this blog until today. LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE IT! Oh wait, did I mention that I L-O-V-E this blog?! See, Josh and I are NOT traditional designers when it comes to nurseries. We do not want pastels, Winnie the Poo, or any other typical "nursery" item.  It is not that we don't appreciate traditionalism, we just LOVE being different. KenziePoo TOTALLY fits our style. Ok so if any of you are having babies, or just like to pretend you are like creepy ole me then please go check it out, I promise you won't be disappointed!

Oh and just a sidenote, cannot wait until Jim and Pam have their baby! Can you imagine a JimPam baby? Yeah I know, it will be that great.



5 comments:

  1. Mal, I totally agree with you on the Winnie the Pooh thing. Who decided that was the character to use in EVERYTHING baby? I secretly am against using anything pooh (not such a secret anymore) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This doesn't surprise me at all Ashley considering you put together an amazing nursery for Miss Grace AND all on a budget. Glad I have someone on my "No Pooh" team..haha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're so funny, Mallory! I love that you already are designing your nursery and I don't think it's weird AT ALL. Then again, like you said, we're pretty similar with our decorating so maybe we're both crazy. :) Also, you can "name drop" me anytime. haha :) I can't wait to start on our nursery, but the only problem is... I can't do everything I want to this first time around since we're living in the college townhouses. If we were in our own place, I would totally paint the walls and go crazy with stuff... but I guess I"ll just get to decorate again once we move...whenever that is. Also, it is going to have to be half nursery, half office because of our lack of space, but I'm going to make it as cute as can be with what we're working with. Maybe I can bounce some ideas off of you once we find out what we're having...3 weeks!! YAY!okay, now that i've written an entire short story on your blog, i'll end with this: that KenziePoo blog is awesome! Just another one to add to my list. THANKS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kari, I am loving the short story you left here in the comments! Seriously I cannot wait to find out what you are having and then how you will decorate!! I am definitely here for you to bounce ideas off...and please drag me anywhere you need to look at stuff I dont mind :) Want to think I'm even weirder? We already have our diaper bag..shh dont tell! It was on super sale and I had admired it daily when I was interning in kidswear at Nordy's. I have a sickness! Counting down the days until you find out if the girl prediction is correct!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mallory,It's a boy.Sweet Office pic by the way.

    ReplyDelete