Tuesday, April 19, 2011

7 Months



Eden's past month can be summarized in two words: CHICKEN POX. Honestly Josh and I could not believe that a whole month had gone by. I think this is mainly because Eden and I really didn't do a whole lot in her sixth month (other than me snapping a photo each day of the progression of her spots...). It's kind of sad how quickly that went with not much to say about it. Although being sick held Eden back for a couple of weeks, she has still been learning, discovering, and moving more than ever. I have realized just how physically exhausting it is to have a 7 month old. She never stops moving and she can't even crawl yet!


7 Month Stats
Length: 25 inches
Weight: 14.1 lbs

Eden Rae, here is what you have been up to lately:

You are getting closer to crawling with each passing day
You are no longer being swaddled! 
You have become a great napper...not sure why you waited until now to do that...
You sit up completely unassisted 
You put everything in your mouth
You LOVE to jump so your jumperoo is getting a ton of attention these days
You still think all conversation revolve around you
You love your toys...you definitely have preferences, but really enjoy all of them
You love to move objects from one hand to another and then like to "share" them with us
You are eating rice cereal, oatmeal, peas, bananas, and sweet potatoes willingly
You like to attempt to feed yourself and even get the food into your mouth most of the time
You laugh all of the time
You find remotes, phones, the computer mouse, and all electrical cords to be the greatest toy around


We are so proud of our baby girl! She may be small, but that doesn't seem to hinder this girl at all. We can already see her independence and confidence coming out. I think this girl is going to be a fun one to watch grow up. 

What? You thought I would actually forget to post five million photos of my perfect baby girl? Trust me, I would never do such a thing to you. 

Daddy is my secret weapon to keeping her still and smiling during photo shoots. 

Daddy's girl


First bite of rice cereal...this is pretty much the face she makes every time she eats


*****************************************

I planned on doing a separate post on our trip to Washington...but it has already been over a week and I am just going to go ahead and admit that it's just not going to happen. This trip up north was special because it is the "birthday trip." Not only is it Josh's birthday, but we also were celebrating his mom, dad, and grandpa's birthdays as well. For some reason they all think its fun to have their birthdays all around the same time. What were they thinking?!

The big "gift" is a trip to the Seattle Sounders game (soccer for those of you not in the know). On our way to the game we took a bit of a detour to Bellevue to visit my sister. She introduced us to this...


That would be a chocolate rainbow doughnut at Top Pot. These things are as big as plates and are super delicious. I don't think this experience can be topped. I had planned on taking a photo of my doughnut when it was whole, but unfortunately my mouth had other plans...




Some of the faces we got to see during our trip. From left to right: Josh's dad, mom, pastor from his home church, and sister. These were actually all taken by Josh. I still have to teach him about camera settings, but I would say he is getting pretty good at composition.



This is my niece and brother-in-law. They have the greatest personalities. Both are bound to make you laugh and both are avid talkers...

So after looking at all of these photos I have realized that it may seem like Eden does not have a mother. I promise, I do exist...I just rarely get to be in the photos because I prefer to be behind the camera. Don't worry, the hubby is starting to get smart and snap some of me and the girl. I may even share one or two of them, but don't hold your breath. 



2 comments:

  1. She looks so grown up!!! I can't believe how much she has changed in the last few months- from newborn to a baby girl full of personality all of the sudden! PS~I love the photos of her with Daddy :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. love these pictures! especially the one in her little jeans and cardigan outfit : )

    ReplyDelete