Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Project 52:26 | Teachable


My apologies for the super late post. Life was a little crazy last week (if you couldn't figure that out from the last P52 post). I made myself slow down this week and I am a better person for it. This isn't the best photo I have ever taken...it's messy, the composition is off, and so on. However, I just LOVED how intently Eden is listening to her cousin. Obviously Peyton has embraced her role as the oldest and Eden is just fine with that. 

I think being teachable is a lot harder than we often will admit to. It is not that we are not willing to learn new things, but sometimes we get that feeling that we are "beneath" someone. I don't believe for a moment that the teacher feels this way, but it is easy to want to feel like we are in control and are smart and don't need someone else telling us everything. However, think of how much more one can learn if they just took a moment and let that wiser person teach them. I can only imagine that one would experience growth. There are so many wise people in our lives, let's not forget how important they are. 

Or maybe I should say I need to remember how important they are. I can be quite stubborn you know. Such a surprise right?! To those that are around me on a consistent basis, they would laugh. I am extremely stubborn and someone who has a "I'll do it myself" mentality. I'm terrible at asking questions or letting people be a leader. I think I can do everything myself. Oh how much more would I learn if I would let others lead and teach me from time to time?

I'm working on it.

For more Project 52 goodness, check out these fine blogs:



Let me know if you want to join in on the fun! It's never too late to start your Project 52 :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment