Monday, September 21, 2009

Welcome Welcome

Why, hello there and thank you for stopping by! It has taken me quite some time to figure out exactly how to introduce a new blog. Do you immediately just start blogging, or do you take time to explain to your (count them...zero) readers why you are even taking the time to ramble about your life on this here blog? Well, I don't know the answer to that...so I am just going to do what I do best, a little bit of everything! I started this blog so that I could share some things about me, my love for houses, interior design, cooking, oh and don't forget the occasional crafting. Ok erase all that...the truth is I didn't feel right starting a blog because I didn't have a baby or a house to brag about. All that I've got is me, the other half of me, and the smallest version of me. In short there is me, my husband, and my teeny tiny dachshund.


I will take just a moment to rant. Who chose to name the long skinny short-legged creature a dachshund? I mean...I pride myself on my spelling (I think that was the only subject I actually was good at in school)...but even I have to wonder how they came up with such a difficult name. Just saying... Well don't you worry, a quick trip to Google and I will have my answer. Oh just my luck, the trusty Wikipedia has already answered my question! Apparently it means "badger dog" Interesting... <!-- /* Font Definitions */ @font-face {font-family:"Cambria Math"; panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4; mso-font-charset:1; mso-generic-font-family:roman; mso-font-format:other; mso-font-pitch:variable; mso-font-signature:0 0 0 0 0 0;} @font-face {font-family:Calibri; panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4; mso-font-charset:0; mso-generic-font-family:swiss; mso-font-pitch:variable; mso-font-signature:-1610611985 1073750139 0 0 159 0;} /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-unhide:no; mso-style-qformat:yes; mso-style-parent:""; margin-top:0in; margin-right:0in; margin-bottom:10.0pt; margin-left:0in; line-height:115%; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif"; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:Calibri; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi;} a:link, span.MsoHyperlink {mso-style-priority:99; color:blue; text-decoration:underline; text-underline:single;} a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed {mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; color:purple; mso-themecolor:followedhyperlink; text-decoration:underline; text-underline:single;} .MsoChpDefault {mso-style-type:export-only; mso-default-props:yes; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:Calibri; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi;} .MsoPapDefault {mso-style-type:export-only; margin-bottom:10.0pt; line-height:115%;} @page Section1 {size:8.5in 11.0in; margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in; mso-header-margin:.5in; mso-footer-margin:.5in; mso-paper-source:0;} div.Section1 {page:Section1;} --Ok, enough with that. Let me introduce our "doxie" Miss Isabella "Bella" Crain...isn't she a beauty?




Back to me. See, the truth is I became a serious blog-stalker...no I mean really. Certain bloggers have become household names around these parts. I am always running to tell the hubby who renovated what in their house, who's having a baby...you know, just like I would for my real friends (yes folks, I have them!). Anyway, my husband, Joshua (see below) told me that it didn't matter if I had a house or a baby; the truth is I owe it to the blogging community to get a little more involved. So, here I am. Oh, that's me, next to Joshua.


Well, thank you for taking the time to visit! I promise to have much less text next time and much more fun stuff. I have things already planned out (recipes, crafts, fun photos) so keep checking back!




1 comment:

  1. Mal, your blog is adorable! I'm excited you have one now! It'll be fun to see what you're up to.Stephanie

    ReplyDelete