Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Welcome to the World!

Eden Rae Crain

September 17, 2010

8:34 p.m.

Weighing in at 5 lbs 13 oz and measuring 19" in length.


Eden is finally giving me a bit of rest from feedings so that I can post her birth announcement. She is such a gem and I know everyone says it, but we love her WAY more than we ever thought possible. Who knew bringing such a small life into our home would cause our hearts to burst? Bella is doing wonderfully with her and being the protective big sister that we predicted she would be. One of the biggest disappointments was coming home to bed rest once again. I had thought I was all done once the little one was born, but boy oh boy does my doctor think its fun to keep me plastered to a couch. More on that at a later time. I do plan to post the birth story...mostly for my benefit, but hey I liked reading other birth stories so I'll post it in case one of you actually cares. If not, don't read it. I'll do my best to keep it from being TMI, but I can't guarantee anything because well, I just happen to open my big mouth a lot and forget that not everyone likes to hear those things.  I think the story is kind of interesting because it basically goes against everything I ever planned...

Alright, back to feeding the newest princess. Yes, Josh is WAY outnumbered. Three females to two males...its a good thing we have a man fish named Mohawk or it would be three to one. Josh totally loves it though, I just know it.

4 comments:

  1. lol! Poor Josh. ;) I am just so thankful that you and little princess are doing well despite the bed rest. I probably won't read the whole birth story, but thats just because if there is any hope for me having a baby at all it will be because I didn't hear any more stories! lol After hearing some of my co-worker's and friend's stories I am a little anti-pregnancy at the moment! :) She is just gorgeous! I am so happy for you all!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is beautiful! We're so happy for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is soooo so pretty :) I love her outfit by the way! It's so hard to find cute premie things, but you guys hit gold with that one. To me, she totally looks like you. Who do you guys see?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats!! She is so cute and sweet! I can't wait to hear your birth story and I will definitely be reading it!

    ReplyDelete