Monday, November 1, 2010

Tricks and Treats

Eden's first Halloween completely tired her out...actually it tired all of us out. With all of the activities and excitement of the day she really never got her long naps so she was way off her schedule. With this meant a baby who would not wake up for anything through the night. I usually wake up to feed her at 2 a.m. (doctor's orders) and her and I had been waking up automatically so I stopped using the alarm. Apparently you get us tired enough and we will sleep from 11 p.m. to 6 a.m. without waking at all. Whoops! Anyway, she is continuing her catch up on sleep so I will take this opportunity to post a couple of pictures from her first Halloween.

Brett and Stephanie (Mal's brother and sister-in-law) came down to spend a few hours with Eden since they hadn't seen her for a couple of weeks. They actually were also the ones who gave Eden her first costume. Since the day we told them we were pregnant they informed us that they would be giving our baby a bear suit and the baby would be required to wear it every time they were around. They certainly delivered on that promise. Here she is posing for mommy...


sidenote: please forgive the poor photography. I am forcing myself to learn more about my DSLR and sometimes that means pictures don't turn out the way I want them to. Like the time we took pictures in a dark room and I refused to use my flash...yeah...

That's our little bear. Oh, and might I add that this baby LOVES her bear suit. Honestly, we would put her in it and she would instantly fall asleep. If you have a baby that doesn't sleep well, you need to buy this bear suit. Only bad thing is it is SUPER warm. Like so warm we could fry an egg on her head. Don't worry we didn't fry an egg on her head because I don't like fried eggs we never let her get that warm . Oh and see that cute orange pail in her hand? We found that in the Target dollar section...our favorite score of the season.

Here are a couple photos of Eden's aunt and uncle marveling at her cuteness. She truly is irresistible.






 For trick-or-treating we took her to see her grandma and grandpa Phillips (Mal's parents). She could not eat the candy, but my mom went out and bought her a couple of toys to play with (she is totally one of those grandparents that can't help but spoil the baby). Actually, we all got spoiled...she bought Josh and I some treats too...what a great lady she is! We also went and visited her "aunt" Ruby and "uncle" Daniel. They aren't blood related, but we consider them family nonetheless. I was unable to take photos, but just know she had a fun time!

We also carved a pumpkin for Eden since babies wielding knives is not really an accepted practice around these parts. We chose a mouse. Well, not just any mouse...THE mouse. As in, MICKEY MOUSE. I love that guy. If I could marry him, I would...sorry Minnie, but he's all mine. Josh can take all the credit for the actual carving, the only part I like is yanking out all of the guts. It's my favorite. I purposely take a long time so I can squish the pumpkin guts between my fingers and scrounge for as many pumpkin seeds as possible. It's a sickness, but I live with it.


Want to know a fun factoid about Halloween? Well, this October 31 marked what would have been our 4 year dating anniversary. Yes, Josh and I officially started dating on Halloween. We actually stayed up and watched THREE of the Halloween movies. After that night we were inseparable. I truly love that man...he is my best friend and I am so happy that he was crazy enough to marry me a mere 8 months later.

We hope you all had a great Halloween!! And in the words of the Mickey Mouse Club, "see you real soon!"

1 comment: