Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Cookie Monster



I am going to go admit right now that I INHALED these cookies. Thankfully my parents took a load of them off my hands because I was starting to gain some serious weight from eating so many. Hello pregnancy weight, so nice to see you again. 


This recipe comes from a wonderful friend of mine Ashley. She has a blog called Everything Free, and it's all about allergy-free cooking. Ashley is a PRO when it comes to cooking for allergies and thankfully provided us with some allergy-free meals after I had Eden. We are forever grateful for that!

Here is the recipe adapted to fit what I had in my pantry (original recipe here)

Ingredients:
2 cups sugar
1/2 cup rice milk
1/2 cup dairy free margarine
4 Tbs cocoa powder

1 Tbs vanilla
1/2 cup Skippy Natural Peanut Butter
3 cups Quaker Oatmeal (quick cooking)

Combine first group if ingredients in a medium saucepan. Heat to boiling, stir 3 minutes.

Stir in vanilla and peanut butter, adding oatmeal last. If mix is too wet add a tablespoon more oats (I did end up adding more). Use two spoons to drop onto wax paper, working quickly as mix hardens to crumbling fast! Do not double batch.

In case you didn't catch it before...I LOVE LOVE LOVED these. It is definitely an easy recipe for anyone trying to make a dessert for someone with food allergies. I actually found that I loved them even more the next day while Josh liked them more the first day. I may have also taken spoonfuls from the pot and inserted directly into my mouth. I may have also taken my finger and cleaned out the entire pot after I was done cooking. In short, if you liked chocolate, dessert, peanut butter, or any combination of those...you will want these. Okay, I am off to go salivate now...


...anyone else notice that my favorite desserts tend to look like blobs of you know what? Alright, sorry, not a good thing to say when prompting you to make something. Well, whatever they look like, they still taste divine! 

No comments:

Post a Comment