Friday, January 27, 2012

This Is Where Our Story Begins

Don't worry, my Project 52 is coming...but I had a little something on my heart that I wanted to share. Specifically a blog, and a book, and a young woman who is on an incredible journey.

I was introduced to Katie's blog during a MOPS meeting. A few women at my table were talking about her and were so passionate and excited as they described who she was and what she was doing. I took note and told myself I should find out more, but time got the best of me and I never got a chance. However, today, I remembered. I'll most definitely say it was a God thing because I happened to be on one blog, that directed me to another blog with a Gotcha Day video (a video that shows the journey to bringing a child in to their forever home). The blog that had posted their Gotcha Day video of their little girl that they had brought home from Ethiopia last year also had a video of Katie. Intrigued, I watched...and I was broken. 


*For those of you reading this not on our actual blog, there is a video embedded into this post. If you don't see it you'll need to click on to the blog to see it. Trust me, its worth it :)

This is a woman of faith. Courage. One who shows grace and mercy to all that she meets. A young woman who is now a mom to thirteen beautiful girls. She has an amazing testimony and yet she is completely humble. While we can all sit here praising her for all that she has done, she merely sees herself as a vessel. A child of God that is just following what He commands. 

I've been feeling like through all of the hardships that my little family has been going through that God has something BIG in store. Every day I feel it. I feel that tug in my heart that says, "Listen. Go. Be open. Be available." I have no idea what it means. I have no idea what God is planning. I just feel confident that it's something that is going to stretch me beyond my little bubble. I have lived a VERY safe life. I let excuses get in the way of doing God's work. I know that this may just be a time for us to minister to the precious little life God blessed us with...we want Eden to grow to be a loving and caring young woman...but maybe being safe isn't helping her at all. I wish God was leading us to adoption right now. My heart aches each and every day knowing that there are babies and children waiting for a family. I know our baby is out there and that God will bring us to that child when the time is right. I know He can do incredible things, but its hard to see that when our lives are just so incredibly unpredictable right now. We can't afford food for our one child, so we most definitely can't provide it for another. That's hard. It hurts. But it's true. So, for that part of our story, I will continue to wait for God's timing. For now, Josh and I both know something crazy is about to go down and I am going to work to let my guard down and break that bubble I live in so we can follow the path that God has created for us.

Am I scared? You betcha. But, I am ready. And I know it's going to be so worth it. 

Here am I Lord, send me. Isaiah 6:8

No comments:

Post a Comment