Monday, April 16, 2012

Chicken And Broccoli Fried Brown Rice

Well that was a bit of a mouth full. Good news is my mouth really was full of this for dinner tonight and because I am oh so nice I am sharing it with you. Hold the applause.

This is one of those meals that you make when your husband is complaining that he is hungry, the toddler is clinging to your leg, the dog has to go outside for the 1,091 time and you just realized its past dinner time.

Not that I would know.

Chicken and Broccoli Fried Brown Rice

Ingredients:
Some chicken*
Rice (instant or precooked makes it quick)
Egg
Broccoli (I used frozen)
Peas (frozen again)
Soy sauce
Sesame oil
Spices (ground ginger, garlic, pepper)
Squeeze of lime juice (only if you have it)

Assuming your rice and chicken are ready..

Heat up a skillet on medium heat until hot, add 1 T of oil or butter (for all things that are good please only use avocado oil or coconut oil if you choose to use oil..the other stuff is bad). Throw the egg in, turn down to medium-low, use your spatula to break it up and scramble until heated through and set. Put egg in a bowl and set aside.

Throw the broccoli and peas in and heat up (I happened to steam mine but using the same pan keeps you from having to wash another pan) until they are soft enough (to your liking). Once heated add rice, chicken, and egg. Then flavor with about 1 T soy sauce and 1-2 tsp sesame oil (this was for 3 servings so adjust accordingly). Add in spices as desired. Serve hot.

*if you are lazy like me you buy an organic free range whole chicken and cook it in the crockpot and portion it into individual servings in your freezer. Then when you forget to plan your dinner ahead you just grab that chicken and heat it up. Only reason we have food on the table...seriously.

So I realize I am a horrible recipe writer. I babble, over explain everything, and have no idea how to measure ingredients so I use terms like some, a bit, to your liking to just let you know that there is no science to it, I just throw things in.

If I completely turned you off from this meal due to above reasons I apologize. It really was easy and tastes divine. Maybe one day I'll get un-lazy and actually post all of my lazy timesaver tips and tricks. Maybe.

Now off to make some pretzels cause Eden asked for them (aka mommy was craving them and begged Eden to say she wanted pretzels).

No comments:

Post a Comment