Friday, June 5, 2015

The Cost

Confession: I thought the money aspect of adoption wouldn't be hard at all. I mean, sure, it is a HUGE number, but I have watched countless adoptions that have been fully funded, no matter how many times that family came in with $0 in the bank. We came in with a portion of money already in savings so I thought, hey, we've got this. Notice, I say WE not HE.

To be honest, I have caught myself doubting. I'm watching others adoptions become fully funded all around me, while we are fundraising our hearts out and saving every penny and I feel like we still have SO far to go. But, I know He is faithful. He is asking us to work hard for a reason. He is refining us.

There was a time where we didn't have money in the bank. Not even a penny. But, He still provided. I have never had to rely on Him so much in my whole life. We knew we couldn't do it on our own. He helped us find buyers for all of our furniture (if it wasn't nailed down, we sold it). He brought us people who gave us groceries and donated gift cards. It was one of the hardest times of our lives, but was also the best. We learned to fully rely on Him and nothing else.

So, here I am again. Looking at a number that seems impossible, but choosing to believe that He will fund this adoption. It has nothing to do with me and what I do.

Right now we need $26,900 to be fully funded. We are choosing to look at each step at a time so as of right this minute, we need  $3250 in order to send our dossier. We have been chipping away at that number slowly, but surely.

We have been so thankful for all who have been fundraising for us or who have purchased things from our fundraisers. We need you to know that we can't do this without YOU. Truly. Fundraising is so hard and so humbling. To be honest, I wanted to pay for this entire adoption alone. I didn't want to ask for money. But, what I've realized is that if we didn't fundraise, we wouldn't be giving all of you a chance to be a tangible part of our adoption. Not every single person is called to adopt, but we are each called to care for the orphan. So, we are thankful that God made it possible for us to open up an opportunity for others to be a part of this journey with us.

What are we doing right now? Glad you asked.

Josh is currently plugging away at multiple jobs. His main income is what we live off of. His other two jobs, real estate and coaching, go right into the adoption account. Every house sold or bought helps to fund our adoption. That's been pretty awesome. And, if you know me, you know I am the world's cheapest person. Not frugal. Cheap. If I can DIY it, I will, in order to not spend money. So, you can be assured that we are being good stewards of our money in order to save every extra penny for our adoption.

I have been having bracelet sales on Instagram (my shop page is @joyfulmangoshop) which have been going really well. I'm hoping to have a large sale soon! 


We are getting ready to do a HUGE garage sale fundraiser. We are praying that this year's is much more successful than last year.

We will be starting a NEW fundraiser very soon...so keep an eye out for it!

And, how can you help?


  • If you are local, chat with Josh about your real estate needs ;) 
  • Buy a bracelet
  • Check out our YouCaring page (you can find this on the right sidebar)
  • Locals can donate items or come to our garage sale June 19-20 (more info to come)
  • Check out The Rustic Orange who is donating a portion of her sales to us (her items are AMAZING)!
  • Pray! 
You can also check out our fundraising page up above (which I am working on updating) just to see where we are at!

Seriously, we are so thankful for each and every one of you. As you can see, we cannot do it alone. And we have a serious need to get this money raised so we can send our dossier the second it is ready to go. We NEED this to move fast (and oh how I wish I could share more....SOON!).

We will continue to do our best to keep you updated on our process and how you can help. Love to you all!









No comments:

Post a Comment