Thursday, April 1, 2010

It's a......Baby!!

Today we hit 15 weeks. We cannot believe it. Only 25 weeks to go. My belly looks like I am at least 5 months along. I'm not. Here is a picture to show that this baby is growing like a weed....or maybe mommy is just eating a lot...

See, I don't lie. There was a picture that REALLY showed the very enlarged tummy, but that one just didn't make it on here. We have been telling everyone that we are having twins. Besides my large middle region, I also am still enjoying morning sickness all day every day. That must mean there are two in there right? Well according to our ultrasound tech I am pretty sure there is just one. Want proof? Here is the photo that most of you came for...


I'm no rocket scientist, but I think my excuses of having two babies is now long gone. Oh and did anyone else notice we are having a mermaid? I can assure you that the other shots we have of the legs definitely show very normal human legs, but can you really get past the fact that our baby has a forked tail? Our baby will be one good swimmer!

No matter how many times we hear the heartbeat or see the baby's sweet face we just can't get over that we really, truly are pregnant. Every single time we get a bit of a shock and say, "that is really in there?!" Maybe it's because we feel so undeserving. God blessed us with something much more beautiful than we could ever imagine. We know it will feel very real once the baby is screaming at all hours of the night keeping us up, but for now it is just completely surreal. We cannot wait to meet our precious little bug. We just love him or her so very much.

Speaking of gender...we did not find out the sex of the baby today. I know many of you were hoping that we would, but the tech just felt like it was too soon to determine it for sure and she figured we would be back in about five weeks for another ultrasound anyway. Although we were looking forward to it, we were kind of thankful because honestly, even if she had told us, we weren't going to tell you for a whole month anyway. And, well, secret keeping is just very tiring. Don't be sad though, five weeks is just a short time away!

One last thing...we cannot thank you all enough for your love, support, and prayers. Honestly, this journey would be so much tougher if we didn't have each one of you encouraging us daily. It feels so wonderful to have so many friends and family that are sharing in our excitement. We are thankful for each and every one of you reading this...even if you haven't left a comment or talked to us, we know you care! So, thank you from the very bottom of our hearts!

XoXo

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing! I am going to guess your having a girl! I was sooooo sick with my duaghter, although pregnancies are so different for every women. I can't wait to find out! Glad to hear all is well! Parenthood is the BEST! Congrats again! Glad to be pregnant buddies! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are such an adorable pregnant woman! Thanks for taking pictures. I treasure my pregnant pictures. I hope you will as well! Glad to hear it's going well. I hope the sickness eases up for you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are so excited for you! And, let me just say...um...you do NOT look five months pregnant. Just so you know. You look adorable and healthy. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so, so cute! You have a very adorable little mermaid growing in there! I can never get over ultrasound photos, that is just amazing to be able to see that little human growing in your belly!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a perfect little baby, even if he/she has a fork tail! You look great Mal, and I'm looking forward to when you guys find out the gender!

    ReplyDelete