Monday, June 20, 2011

Father's And Birth Day

Happy {belated} father's day to all you dad's out there! I had planned on doing a father's day post where I got to talk all about the father's in my life and tell you why they are pretty neat and all that jazz. Well, father's day turned out a bit different than we originally planned and honestly it was THE BEST DAY!! Here's why...

Check out that hair!! 

Close your mouths people, it ain't mine! I'm very happy with the one I got thankyouverymuch and don't need another one...well, not now anyway. Actually, this is our niece (and Eden's cousin) Stevee Lynn. Josh's sister and brother-in-law just welcomed their second daughter on father's day. Yeah, pretty much this gift beat out the tie as a gift this year (okay I didn't actually give anyone a tie). Seriously though, I am in love with this girl. She makes the SWEETEST little baby sounds and I pretty much melted every few seconds. I'm in big trouble. Good thing I am the aunt so I can spoil her all I want. 

The trip to see this little bundle was quite adventurous. We found out that my sister-in-law, Danae, was being admitted to the hospital around 7 p.m. and were on the road by 10 p.m. Getting on the road ended up being much more difficult than anticipated. Packing for three last minute was not my idea of a good time and now I remember why I enjoy being known as the crazy one since I typically way over plan everything. Darn me and my attempts at being a little more carefree and a little less organized. Oh and also, we got pulled over. Good news, it wasn't for speeding. Bad news, it turns out we have bad wiring to our headlights and we need to get it fixed...not so feasible when you only have one car. 

Anyway, no one cares about those boring details so I'll just keep showering you with pretty pictures of my niece's birth day.



{Hello "noisiest" photo EVER...hospitals have some seriously poor lighting, but couldn't resist this shot of daddy Paul holding his baby girl.}



{This is her namesake, Grandpa Steve}





{Big sister Peyton meeting Stevee for the first time}
  

{The hospital makes these signs...so cute!}

{Apparently this is how Eden feels about being choked by her cousin}

{You know I had to include this one...Eden only sleeps like this now. Poor girl had a rough night with being at the hospital at 4 a.m.}

And of course I can't end without saying...Joshua you are the best "dada" a girl could ever wish for. Thanks for loving our daughter and for being a father that is always involved. I know you work hard every day to make sure you can spend quality time with your baby girl. Eden is most definitely a daddy's girl and honestly it couldn't make me happier! We love you!

And to the other father's in my life...my dad, my father-in-law, my grandpa-in-law and all of my grandpas in Heaven...thanks for always being there for me and for being great examples. I can't believe how blessed I am to have all of you in my life!

Alright, I have a whole lot of stuff to catch up on after our whirlwind of a weekend, but I will most definitely be back with Eden's 9 month post (which is 3 days overdue...). 

1 comment: