Wednesday, June 15, 2011

The Lime To My Berry

Well, uh, sorry to leave you all hanging there. I know a lot of you had some questions regarding our newest venture (if you missed our announcement last week you can read about it here) so I am back to answer them. 




Question: Do you have a location already? Where is it?

Answer: YES! We actually picked out our location months ago (more on that in a minute) and a few weeks ago construction started. To answer the question about location, it is located in West Salem. For those of you that are local, it is in the Westgate Shopping Center, right next to Great Harvest (rather convenient for a bread lover like me!). 

Question: When did all of this happen?

Answer: Honestly, the initial idea came up about 3 months ago. There were quite a few hurdles that we had to deal with which kept us from moving forward as quickly as we would have liked. Yes, we have learned a whole lot of patience during this process. There were actually times where we didn't think it was going to work out, but thankfully we stayed strong (oh, who am I kidding, Josh is the only one who stayed positive throughout the process) and in the end it worked out better than we could have imagined. 

Question: When will you be open?

Answer: Um, Josh? Seriously though it is up to how smoothly the rest of the process goes. Things are going great right now (knock on wood), but we are willing to bet that there may be unforeseen issues/inspections/hold ups that may push things back a bit. With all of that said, the most I am going to say is mid-July. Don't hold us to it. Either way, I will keep you all updated as the opening gets closer.

Question: Are you crazy?

Answer: Okay fine, no one really said that, but I am assuming that at least one person was thinking it so I figured I might as well ask it :)

For fun, here is a little sneak peek at the "before" of the location that I took right before we made our offer.

Hey - It's my diaper bag!

It feels so good to be able to share all of this with you! It has been so hard not saying anything. Thank you all for your support and encouraging words, we are holding on to every word because we most definitely need it. You people rock our socks off.

Hope this answers all the lingering questions...if not, leave us a message in the comments or send us an email, we are happy to answer!



No comments:

Post a Comment