Thursday, November 10, 2011

Blow Out The Candles



Today is my birthday. I turn 27. I grew up in a family that LOVES birthdays. We celebrated all month long. This is not a joke. However, for some reason, this year I really didn't want much...in fact I didn't want anything at all. I asked to go see the movie, "Courageous" with Josh and that was about that. I don't need anything. I don't want anything. I am doing my best to set an example for our household. One that doesn't focus on the getting of gifts, but of giving gifts. Trust me, I think Eden deserves the world, but I pray that she will grow up not focusing on the gifts. As the holidays approach I am asking for money for Christmas. I have plans for it. I hope it blesses the people that need it. We may have little in the way of money right now, but I still feel like I am blessed beyond belief. I have a husband that loves me more than I could have ever dreamed, a beautiful and loving daughter, a dog that may cause me grief but sure brings a lot of laughs into our home. I have clothes on my back (although maybe not the most stylish) and food to eat. We may live a very simple life, but that's just fine with me. I am thankful for what I have. There are certainly days where I look at our bare cupboards and wonder just how I am going to feed my family for the day, but thankfully those days are getting more rare. No matter where I am in life, no matter where I live, my home is with my family and that's really all that I need.

Since I am not really in the celebratory mood for my birthday, I thought you all may want a little fun instead. A little later on I am going post Eden's birthday! Yay! And only 2 months late...whoops. First I waited because I had ZERO photos of Eden at her party. That was not okay. Then the lovely Charissa saved the day and provided me with some fabulous photos of my girl having lots of fun at her party. Then I debated sending my photos to another blog (totally out of my comfort zone), but then realized that the photos that I took were very sub-par and I just couldn't get myself to go through with it. Then...I had no excuse. So, here we are. I don't know why, but I am super nervous to post them. There was a whole lot of blood, sweat, and (a few) tears. I loved every minute of planning the party, but then when it comes right down to it I beat myself up over every little detail. It's a horrible trait. One I hope to kick someday. It truly did turn out perfectly and I should probably just stop worrying. I wish the photography was a bit better and I surely will hire someone next time. I was just way too focused on everything else so the photos suffered for it. This makes for an unhappy Mallory. Anyway, be looking for the post this afternoon! I hope you like it...

No comments:

Post a Comment