Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Update Schmupdate.

I've been making some changes to the blog. I'm pretty excited about it. Nothing too fancy, just a little facelift of sorts. It needed it in a big way and I finally had a chance to make it happen. There is still so much for me to learn when it comes to coding and all that fancy stuff, but I'll learn one of these days.

Also, sorry for the sporadic blogging. I am hoping to get some more detailed posts of Eden's party up soon! I've been a bit of a downer lately and I really don't love blogging when I am Miss Negative Nancy. Plus life has just been hectic. I haven't said anything here and I am still not quite sure how to go about talking about it, but we may not be in our house after the beginning of the year. I won't go into details here because things aren't sorted out, but it's just the way it is. In the end it will be a good thing, but its one of those times where you know its the right thing, but it still bums you out a bit as well. Maybe I'm the only one that gets that way. 

Anyway, I promise there is more to come! I also have some fun news to share and I can't wait to be able to tell you (no its not a baby!). Thanks all for sticking with me (if anyone is actually out there...). Hope you are all loving getting ready for the holidays as much as we are! 

Speaking of the holidays, I might as well share a couple photos while I am at it. You know I can't leave a post without any photos!

Thanksgiving
 




My brother and sister-in-law hosted this year. The food was DELICIOUS. I definitely enjoyed a couple portions. Also, I loved what Stephanie did with the napkin, such a cute little detail. Eden, being the picky eater she is, decided to just be a grump. Thankfully her aunt Brooke is always willing to jump to her rescue and entertain her for countless hours. We actually accomplished a family photo thanks to the tripod the besties gifted me for my birthday. I'm spoiled. Also, look how everyone looks at me in that last photo. Yep, they were all like, "Mallory is so pretty...ooh look at her!" In reality everyone is looking because every single time the camera snapped a photo Eden thought it was a good time to elbow me in the face. I am being completely serious. She just knew. She really does love me.


Christmas (well, almost)




We enjoyed our first fire of the season. I think it looks like our heads are on fire. We watched Elf and listened to Christmas music (we actually do this throughout the year, but its the first time we did it AFTER Thanksgiving). I have a bit of a story about the second photo...

I was giving Eden a bath and had just pulled her out of the tub. I wrapped her in a towel and was just walking out of the bathroom when I hear a loud knock. Even though NO ONE can see me, I still go into ninja mode and tiptoe to her room, hoping that whoever the scary man is outside of our door won't know I am home. I should probably tell you that Josh was in fact home. He was just in the basement so I took it upon myself to just be a big scaredy cat and run away with my naked toddler. Bella is barking like the crazy dog she is and Josh comes up to see what the commotion is. At this point I am safely hiding in Eden's room debating if I should put her diaper on (apparently the burglars would know I was there if I put a diaper on my child?). After a noise that sounded a bit like, "OOF!" coming from the front door, Josh says, "Mal, come here now!" The naked toddler and I head to the front door to see Josh covered by a Christmas tree. I stand there, mouth hanging open. Josh says, "I opened the door and this tree fell on my head!" Naked toddler and I jump out on the front porch to see if we can see the culprits. No such luck. So now we have this gorgeous tree that a little Christmas elf left on our porch. We put some lights up on our perfect little tree and are going to decorate it sometime this week. We still have no idea who blessed us with this tree, but we sure do hope they know that it was a true blessing for our little family. We thought we were going to have to go without a tree this year, but someone took the time to go pick out a tree and leave it for us. This is definitely a Christmas we will never forget (and it's not even December yet!). 

Hope you are all having fun preparing for the Christmas season! Personally I think it came way too fast this time around. I LOVE Christmas and I usually think it can't come fast enough, but this year I feel like things are so chaotic that I can't even enjoy this season. Hopefully I can put the brakes on and just treasure each moment that this great season brings us. Happy decorating!

2 comments:

  1. Love the new look! And look how good Eden is posing for the last photo with the tree! She's a natural. I miss her, so I might have to make an excuse to stop by soon :) Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how the blog looks! And how sweet that someone brought you a tree! I hope you guys have a great Christmas season. :)

    ReplyDelete