Friday, June 1, 2012

Project 52:22



Quiet is not a word most would use to describe me. It is not my strongest attribute. While I crave quiet and peace and rest I rarely let myself be still. When I sit, I feel the need to do something. It may be as simple as zoning out into blogland, but my hands and my head never stop. I know I need those quiet moments of reflection, but I find that for me, I do my reflecting as I am working...washing dishes, vacuuming, dusting...that's just how I work. My biggest struggle is where this leaves me in my relationship with God. I CRAVE that time, but never seem to get around to it. I make myself so busy with life that I forget about the most important relationship that I have. I know better. I know that when I am spending one on one time with my Father, that all of my relationships will thrive because of it. I am such a better wife, mother, daughter, sister, and friend when I am cultivating my most important relationship. Why is it that the best thing for me is the one that gets stuck at the end of the my to-do list each day? 

I am ready for the quiet. 


For more Project 52 goodness, check out these fine blogs:



Let me know if you want to join in on the fun! It's never too late to start your Project 52 :)


No comments:

Post a Comment