Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Moving On And Moving Out

I owe you all quite the explanation. We moved. Over a month ago now. We knew moving was inevitable but the way it happened was so shocking that we are just now finally feeling somewhat settled again. Let me explain...

I believe it was a Wednesday. I heard the sound of the mailman dropping the mail in the slot on the outside of our house. I took note and then kept doing whatever E and I were working on. Around 12 I opened the door, grabbed the mail, and noticed something from a lawyer. I opened it quickly as It struck me as odd.

Back up a bit. On the 13th of August our house was going up for auction. Because we had an offer on our house (which was actually friends of ours) the auction date should have been postponed. Long story short..it wasn't. So we had been waiting to hear what the next step would be. We had assumed we would be given about 30 days so at the time that I received this letter we believed we had 20 days left.

We didn't.

The letter had a whole bunch of legal speak, but the one thing that stood out was the part that said we had 10 days after the auction date to be out of our house. That meant TODAY! I called Josh in a panic and he left work to come deal with everything. After a little chat with the lawyer (because certainly no one sends a letter through regular mail saying they expect you to move within a few hours right?) we found out that yes that's exactly what they expected but they would let us be out by Sunday night. Reasonable if it weren't for the fact that we had to be out of town for business that weekend.

So, a quick message to friends and we had a whole moving crew at our disposal. It was amazing. I should add that I was only 8 weeks pregnant so very few people understood why this move was even harder for me. I was sick, tired, and couldn't lift much. Good thing for friends who make you sit and relax!

So where are we now? We moved out with not a second to spare and made a quick plea to my parents for us to move in. We have been here since and it truly was a blessing in disguise. It was so helpful having extra hands to help me with Eden when I was too sick to do much. We have our own floor of the house so I think we stay out of each others way for the most part ;) at this point we are just saving up and trying to relax a bit before making any more moves (literally).

I'm thankful to be done. We loved that house but it is just a temporary home. We both recorded videos (unbeknownst to one another) for our kids to watch one day to see our first house. We learned so much and are so thankful for every moment of those lessons..even when I was in tears at times. It was hard, but we have been blessed so much through it. Thank all for your love and support!

Bye little bungalow!

No comments:

Post a Comment