Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Our Dream Come True

One year ago today, at 5:24 a.m. (Josh actually remembered the exact time), I burst into our bedroom shouting like a mad woman, waving a positive pregnancy test in Josh's face. That day was such a whirlwind of emotions. I absolutely could not believe I was truly pregnant. After multiple negative pregnancy tests over the past couple of years and the idea that I was unable to bear children, it just didn't seem possible. While I was crying tears of fear, Josh was crying tears of joy. Neither of us could hold it together.

Thankfully I have a fabulous husband who reminded me that being a mom is something God wanted for me. I honestly had a meltdown thinking I was the worst choice in the world to become a mom. I am so thankful that He knew what was best for me!


Okay, this picture was taken later in the morning...after I had a moment to calm down. Well, okay, 90 seconds, because I still had to go to work. Seriously that was the hardest work day I have ever had to go through.

It is amazing that one year later God has blessed us with the most amazing baby we could have ever asked for. Honestly, we knew being parents would be fantastic, but never in a million years could be have dreamed up this little girl. We love her more than chocolate ice cream (and if you know me, that is a REALLY big feat). She has made Josh and I better people individually, and as a couple. Our marriage was made stronger by this beautiful girl.

(Photo courtesy of KC Photography)

Eden Rae Crain, we love you so much. You are such a wonderful daughter and we are so glad that you have joined our lives. We pray that we are great parents to you and that you love us even when we are singing at the top of our lungs and dancing around the house (which happens on a daily basis). We can't wait to continue to watch you grow and one day tell you all about the day that we found out you were coming into our lives.



XOXO,
 Your crazy parents :)

1 comment:

  1. And what a beautiful family you have. God has truly blessed you! she is a cutie patootie!-Alyssa

    ReplyDelete