Monday, December 27, 2010

3 Months


Last week our "baby" turned 3 months. Honestly, I use the term baby lightly because this girl seems so grown up. In the beginning I was having a hard time with the reality that she would never be that little newborn I brought home from the hospital. It's funny now that I actually look forward to the next day to see what new tricks she has up her sleeves. We cannot believe all of the new things this girl is doing. Her personality is only growing stronger and it is fun to speculate as to what kind of girl she will be as she grows.

This month marked the return to work for me which also meant not being home during the day to snap a million photos and obsess over this little one. It caused me a large amount of guilt in the beginning, but now with the end very much in sight I am realizing that this month was an important time for me to grow as a person, and most importantly as a mom. This was also a great chance for Josh to really grow as a dad. Now that he is taking care of Eden almost full-time we have  dubbed him the "mommydaddy." I must admit, he is doing a pretty great job (despite multiple days of all day pajama wearing and sockless feet). I love watching Josh bond with his baby girl. Well, on to the facts...

3 Month Stats

Length: 24 inches
Weight: 11 lbs. 2 oz.
*Weight taken last week using the "mom hold baby on a scale and then subtract the weight" method




Eden, here is what you have been up to lately:

You  LOVE to stand (with mommy and daddy's assistance of course)
You insist that anyone who holds you must be standing up at all times
You usually laugh uncontrollably at least once a day
You think everything is funny...literally
You fall asleep at 10 p.m. and wake up at 6 or 7 a.m. (night owl!)
You went to the church nursery for the first time (and did great!)
You like to hold onto rattles and bring them up to your face
You started wearing cloth diapers
You have become obsessed with sucking your thumb
You are extremely observant

We can't believe all the fun changes Eden has gone through over the past month. I cannot wait to spend more time with her as she enters her fourth month. It is so weird to think that we weren't even expecting a baby at this time last year. It's amazing how things can change so much in one year.




If you are so inclined, here are her past "birthdays"
0 Months, 1 Month, 2 Months

3 comments:

  1. Um what is with her stinkin cute little cardigan? I can't hardly stand it. So nice to finally meet her! Loves.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny that you say that because every time I put it on her I secretly wish I had one of my own! Why can't they make it in big girl sizes? Glad she got to meet you :)xo,M

    ReplyDelete
  3. i LOVE her little faces!!! she looks like she has so much personality :) the cardigan is adorable, and the dress under it is so sweet and feminine too! isn't it so fun to dress a baby girl?

    ReplyDelete