Friday, December 31, 2010

Traditionally Untraditional

I thought I would squeeze in a bit about Christmas before the end of the year...yeah, I'm cutting it just a bit close. This post is going to be all about the photos. I always gravitate towards the illustrations in books, so why should the blog be any different? Besides, it's my blog and I'll do what I want.

Since this was Eden's first Christmas, we wanted to start to implement some traditions that we can carry on throughout her life. We knew she wouldn't remember this Christmas, but we both agreed that it was important to start them right away and it is definitely fun to have photos to document the traditions. So, here is how we spent Eden's first Christmas.


Eden made her first DIY ornament



We decorated the tree



Our stockings were hung by the chimney with care

  
Our first annual house lighting



Went to work parties



Visited Santa @ Gatti Law Office (best Santa in Salem, hands down.)

 *The outfit she is wearing is the same one I wore my first Christmas*

 Eden with Lola and Grandpa Phillips


Ate Quiche for Christmas Eve breakfast
 
(Eden's first time in a highchair - she loved it!)


We celebrated Jesus @ Morningstar's Christmas Eve Service with my parents and grandma



We ate clam chowder for Christmas Eve dinner



We watched Polar Express and drank hot chocolate


Sat by the fire and read The Night Before Christmas and Luke 2



Before bedtime we set out gingerbread cookies and milk water for Santa



On Christmas morning we opened stockings



Ripped open presents



Ate Christmas breakfast with the Phillips' side at grandma's house



Christmas dinner and presents at my parents

Eden's Blabla doll she got for Christmas from Lola and grandpa (doll's name happens to be Lola the Rocker)


Celebrated aunt Stephanie's birthday



And said goodnight to Lola and Grandpa



This really was the best Christmas EVER. We had so much fun getting to celebrate with our little girl. I can only imagine how much fun next Christmas will be as she becomes more aware of what is going on. 
Come back soon for our recap on 2010. We can't believe just how busy our past year was...



2 comments:

  1. I love all of the pictures in this post - they are perfectly staged - did you do that on purpose??? : ) Love the updates, keep them coming!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, there may have been a bit of staging...you know, just to satisfy my perfectionist ways, but some of them were quite randomly done. Seriously. Proud of you on your last blog post by the way :)xo,Mal

    ReplyDelete