Monday, February 14, 2011

A Day of Love

Happy love day! I wanted to share a couple of things before I sign out and spend the rest of the day with my pretty little valentine dates. 

Remember when I showed you a little peek of our mantle when talking about our valentine love notes bowl? No? Well, let me just remind you that it was girly...to the max. Yes, this mommy has embraced the pink and red just to give our little girl a taste of the holiday. I am growing soft in my old age. Well, I thought it was about to time to put a photo or two up since the day is upon us! 




For those of you with good eyes...yes, that is Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone in that pile of books. What can I say, I was desperate for a red book (not that I have anything against the book, just thought it was a funny choice for a Valentine's day mantle). Of course in my head I had planned out a much grander mantle, but I was limited to what I have on hand. Unfortunately, this is quite limiting since I really don't have much to work with, but hey, when it's free I just can't complain. The fun little love squared art on the window was a free printable. Who doesn't love the word free? Seriously, if you don't, we may have a hard time being friends...I will do anything to not pay a cent for something. Not, not stealing, I mean being resourceful and finding things around the house or on the internet. Goodness people, I haven't lost my mind completely. 

Another thing we did this year was make our own valentine's cards for Eden. We weren't ready to go completely crazy and send them to every single person we knew, so we just gave them to the grandparents, aunts, and uncles (sorry to our Washington family for having to spoil the surprise...we have them waiting for you!). I really enjoyed making these. I think I might just be one of those crazy moms that DIY's all of Eden's valentine's cards when she is in school. Seriously. I do have to say, I am not creative enough short on time so I borrowed this idea from another lovely blogger (who also got it from a fellow blogger). I am just so thankful for all those talented folks out there. You are all incredible! 


Here is a clearer shot of the actual valentine. I just printed it off on our home printer, attached to a sandwich bag filled with valentine kisses and that was that. Simple and Easy.



No matter if you are celebrating with a loved one, boycotting the holiday altogether, or hanging out on your couch watching a chick flick we just wanted to give a little blog love to you in the form of a valentine from us to you...



2 comments:

  1. so cute!! I love the HP book in there btw. Adds character! :) Those Valentine's are too cute!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute! i love the pic with the three of you :) And your mantle is scrumptious- don't apologize! I personally think simplicity makes a bolder statement than grandeur- love it and planning to filch your idea when i have a mantle of my own!!!

    ReplyDelete